If you live in the Las Vegas area, come and join a motivated and powerful group of women on a journey of empowerment.
Empowering Women Book Study is an opportunity to connect with like-minded women to form friendships and a support network, to clear up areas in your life in which you may be struggling, to create a different vision for your future, and to commit to taking action to make that vision a reality.
The study group is more than just a book club. Each session will be led by me, Nadia J Charles, transformational life coach and hypnotherapist and each session will guide you using the books we read to make real and impactful change in your life, relationships, career, finances, and emotional and spiritual well-being.
*The cost of the book study, not including the books, is $20/per month or $5 per session. Be sure to check back here for updates for future books.*
Cost: $5/per session or $20/per month, please bring exact money
Time: Every Wednesday evening 6pm – 8pm
Location: Pour Coffeehouse, 6811 S Eastern Ave #104-D
Food: Light food menu + hot and cold drinks for purchase
What to bring: Assigned book, a notebook/pad and pen
Preparation: Read the assigned chapter(s)
All of the books we have read and are currently reading are shown below. Please scroll to the bottom of the page to find the chapters for the current weekly readings.
Book One - Completed
Weeks: Wednesday June 6 – Wednesday September 12th*, 2018, we will be studying Conscious Lesbian Dating & Love: A Roadmap to Finding the Right Partner and Creating the Relationship of Your Dreams and it can be purchased here or by clicking the image.
- June 6th, 2018: Read the Introduction and Chapter 1
- June 13th, 2018: Read Chapter 2 & 3
- June 20th, 2018: Read Chapter 4, Week One Roadmap
- June 27th, 2018: Read Chapter 5, Week Two Roadmap
- July 11th, 2018: Read Chapter 6, Week Three Roadmap
- July 18th, 2018: Read Chapter 7, Week Four Roadmap
- July 25th, 2018: Read Chapter 8, Week Five Roadmap
- Aug 1st, 2018: Read Chapter 9, Week Six Roadmap
- Aug 15th, 2018: Read Chapters 10 & 11, Weeks Seven & Eight Roadmap
- Aug 22nd, 2018: Read Chapter 12, Week Nine Roadmap
- Aug 29th, 2018: Read Chapter 13, Week Ten Roadmap
- Sep 5th, 2018: Read Chapter 14, Week Eleven Roadmap
- Sep 12th, 2018: Read Chapter 4, Week Twelve Roadmap
*July 4th is a Wednesday, therefore, that week, we will either meet another evening or postpone until the following week.
Book Two - Completed
Weeks: Wednesday Sep 26 – Wednesday Nov 7th, 2018, we will be studying The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown and it can be purchased here or by clicking the image.
- Sep 26th, 2018: Read Preface, Introduction, and “The Gifts of Imperfection”
- Oct 3rd, 2018: Read “Exploring the Power of Love, Belonging, and Being Enough” and “The Things That Get in the Way”
- Oct 10th, 2018: Read Guideposts 1 & 2
- Oct 17th, 2018: Read Guideposts 3 & 4
- Oct 24th, 2018: Read Guideposts 5, 6 & 7
- Oct 31st, 2018: Read Guideposts 8, 9 & 10
Book Three - Completed
Weeks: Thursday Nov 1 – Monday Nov 21st, 2018, we will be studying May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts For Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness by Gabrielle Bernstein and it can be purchased here or by clicking the image below.
- Complete daily reading and exercises from Nov 1st – Nov 21st, 2018
Book Four - Completed
Weeks: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2018 - Wednesday Feb 6th, 2019, we will be studying Healing Your Aloneness: Finding Love and Wholeness Through Your Inner Child by Erika J Chopich and Margaret Paul and it can be purchased here or by clicking the image.
- Nov 28th, 2018: Read the Introduction & Ch. 1, You Have an Inner Child
- Dec 5th, 2018: Read Ch. 2, You Are an Adult/Parent
- Dec 12th, 2018: Read Ch. 3, The Ego and the Higher Self
- Dec 19th, 2018: Read Ch. 4, Codependence: A Major Consequence of Disconnection
- Dec 26th, 2018: Read Ch. 5, Connection
- Jan 2nd, 2019: Read Ch. 6, The Results of Connection
- Jan 9th, 2019: Read Ch. 7, Discovering the Loving Inner Adult
- Jan 16th, 2019: Read Ch. 8, Processes for Yourself
- Jan 23rd, 2019: Read Ch. 9, Getting Stuck - Getting Unstuck
- Jan 30th, 2019: Read Ch. 10, Processing with Help: Mothering
- Feb 6th, 2019: Read Ch. 11, Ch. 12, & Ch. 13, Twelve-Step Programs, Processes in Therapy, & Making the Commitment
Book Five - Completed
Weeks: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2018 - Wednesday Apr 6th, 2019, we will be studying Better Than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits--to Sleep More, Quit Sugar, Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life by Gretchen Rubin and it can be purchased here or by clicking the image.
- Mar 6th, 2018: Read Note to the Reader, The Habits Manifesto, and Decide Not To Decide: The Introduction
- Mar 13th, 2019: Read The Fateful Tendencies We Bring Into The World: The Four Tendencies and Different Solutions For Different People: Distinctions
- Mar 20th, 2019: Read We Manage What We Monitor: Monitoring and First Things First: Foundation
- Mar 27th, 2019: Read If It's On The Calendar, It Happens: Scheduling and Someone's Watching: Accountability
- Apr 3rd, 2019: Read It's Enough To Begin: First Steps, Temporary Becomes Permanent: Clean Slate, and Data Point Of One: Lightning Bolt
- Apr 10th, 2019: Read Free From French Fries: Abstaining, It's Hard To Make Things Easier: Convenience, and Change My Surroundings, Not Myself: Inconvenience
- Apr 17th, 2019: Read A Stumble May Prevent A Fall: Safeguards, Nothing Stays in Vegas: Loophole-Spotting, and Wait Fifteen Minutes: Distraction
- Apr 24th, 2019: Read Read No Finish Line: Reward, Just Because: Treats, and Sitting Is The New Smoking: Pairing
- May 1st, 2019: Read Choose My Bale Of Hay: Clarity, I'm The Fussy One: Identity, and Not Everyone Is Like Me: Other People
- May 8th, 2019: Read Conclusion
Book Six - Completed
Weeks: Wednesday May 15th, 2019 - Wednesday Aug 14th, 2019, we will be studying The MindBody Code: How to Change the Beliefs that Limit Your Health, Longevity, and Success by Mario Martinez, PsyD and it can be purchased here or by clicking the image.
- May 15th, 2019: Read the Introduction & Ch. 1, The MindBody Code
- May 22nd, 2019: Read Ch. 2, Archetypal Wounds and Their Healing Fields
- May 29th, 2019: Practice contemplations to integrate and discuss insights
- Jun 5th, 2019: Read Ch. 3, Does the Immune System Have Morals?
- Jun 12th, 2019: Read Ch. 4, Guardians of the Heart
- Jun 19th, 2019: Read Ch. 5, Lessons from Centenarians
- Jun 26th, 2019: Read Ch. 6, Abundance Phobia and Reclaiming Your Birthright of Wealth, Health, and Love
- Jul 3rd, 2019: Read Ch. 7, Stigmata
- Jul 10th, 2019: Read Ch. 8, Forgiveness as Liberation from Self-Entrapment
- Jul 17th, 2019: Read Ch. 9, Psychospiritual Conflicts and Their Resolutions
- Jul 24th, 2019: Read Ch. 10, From Wishful Thinking to Sustainable Action
- Jul 31st, 2019: Read Ch. 11, Portals of Synchronicity
- Aug 7th, 2019: Read Ch. 12, Creating Subcultures of Wellness
- Aug 14th, 2019: Read Ch. 13, A Compass for the Private Journey of Self
Book Seven - Currently reading
Weeks: Wednesday August 21st, 2019 - Wednesday Nov 27th, 2019, we will be studying Madly in Love with Me: The Daring Adventures of Becoming Your Own Best Friend by Christine Arylo and it can be purchased here or by clicking the image.
- Aug 21st, 2019: Read the Introduction & Ch. 1, Why Is It So Hard to Say "I Love You"...to Yourself
- Aug 28th, 2019: Read Ch. 2, Self-Love Isn't a Dirty Word, and You Can't Catch Narcissism
- Sep 4th, 2019: Read Ch. 3, What is Self-Love... and How Can You Receive More?
- Sep 11th, 2019: Read Ch. 4, Self-Awareness & Self-Honesty
- Sep 18th, 2019: Read Ch. 5, Self-Acceptance
- Sep 25th, 2019: Read Ch. 6, Self-Care
- Oct 2nd, 2019: Read Ch. 7, Self-Compassion and Self-Forgiveness
- Oct 9th, 2019: Read Ch. 8, Self-Trust
- Oct 16th, 2019: Read Ch. 9, Self-Esteem
- Oct 23rd, 2019: Read Ch. 10, Self-Empowerment
- Oct 30th, 2019: Read Ch. 11, Self-Respect & Self-Honor
- Nov 6th, 2019: Read Ch. 12, Self-Pleasure
- Nov 13th, 2019: Read Ch. 13, Self-Expression
- Nov 20th, 2019: Read Ch. 14, Make a Self-Love Promise: Stay Committed to Choosing Love For Yourself
- Nov 27th, 2019: Read Ch. 15 & Ch. 16, Engage in a Radical Act of Self-Love: Practice Self-Love for Forty Days Straight and Be a Love Ambassador: Use Your Love Power to Generate Love for Yourself and Others